1/1/2019 — Scott currently instructs here:
- Durham Jazz Workshop (Durham, NC). Individual and Group Guitar, Instrumental and Vocal Combos, Group Vocal Workshop.
- East Carolina University School of Music (Greenville, NC). Applied Jazz Guitar, Jazz Improvisation, Jazz Pedagogy
- University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, NC). Jazz Guitar lessons.
Guitarists, improvisers, songwriters…are you:
- Feeling stuck?
- Looking for new ideas and approaches?
- Interested in taking an inventory of “what you know”, and developing a more effective practice routine?
- Wanting to better understand “music theory”, in an organic and musical way that supports making, performing, writing and arranging music?
- Wanting to strengthen your ears, and become a better improviser?
- Looking to expand your harmonic palette and become a better accompanist?
Learn to play what you hear, and to hear what you want to play. NO “Empty Scale Exercises”.
1/1/2019 – Scott offers individual instruction at the Durham Jazz Workshop. click here for Google Map
*Contact Scott directly to schedule and pay for individual private lessons.
*Contact Durham Jazz Workshop for info and to register for Group Lessons and Guitar Workshops with Scott.
RATES for INDIVIDUAL Instruction & Consulting
- 60 minute session –$80 for a single session; $150 for two sessions paid for in advance (must be completed in 4 weeks).
- 90 minute session — $110 for single session, $210 for two sessions paid in advance, must be completed in 4 weeks.
- Longer sessions available as schedules allow; advance payment required.
- ** 3.5% processing fee for all debit/credit card transactions. No fee for Venmo or CashApp.
*Advance Payment guarantees your lesson time and is required to reserve multiple sessions.
- Students are guaranteed 1 makeup lesson quarterly, providing they give 24 hours notice. There are no makeups for cancellations within 24 hours of scheduled lesson time. Makeups are given at the end of the semester, or as time allows (genuine day-of-session emergency cancellations will receive special consideration).
- Discounted bulk lessons paid for in advance will NOT be “rolled over” to a subsequent month.
- If I need to cancel a lesson, a makeup will be scheduled at an agreeable time for the student.
Any questions, please ask!
GROUP Guitar, Vocal Workshop, and Group Jazz Improv are offered through the Durham Jazz Workshop.
Rates for group classes vary, and payment is made to “Durham Jazz Workshop”.
For more info, or to register for a DJW group, please call or email the director, Dave Finucane to ensure that the class is a good fit for you.
Available on a very limited basis at this time; advance payment is required (Venmo and CashApp are currently accepted).
30 minutes – $50; 45 minutes – $70