Scott currently instructs here:
- Durham Jazz Workshop (Durham, NC). Individual and Group Guitar, Instrumental and Vocal Combos, Group Vocal Workshop.
- His home (Raleigh, NC).
- University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, NC). Jazz Guitar lessons.
- East Carolina University School of Music (Greenville, NC). Applied Jazz Guitar, Jazz Improvisation, Jazz Pedagogy
Guitarists, improvisers, songwriters…are you:
- Feeling stuck?
- Looking for new ideas and approaches?
- Interested in taking an inventory of “what you know”, and developing a more effective practice routine?
- Wanting to better understand “music theory”, in an organic and musical way that supports making, performing, writing and arranging music?
- Wanting to strengthen your ears, and become a better improviser?
- Looking to expand your harmonic palette and become a better accompanist?
Learn to play what you hear, and to hear what you want to play.
NO “Empty Scale Exercises”.
- BY THE LESSON: * 60 minutes (18 and under) – $80. ** 90 minutes – $110 *** 2 hours – $140
- Two 90-minute sessions. Single payment in advance, must be completed in 4 weeks. – $210
*3% processing fee for all debit/credit card transactions.
•No refunds for missed sessions.
•Missed sessions paid for in advance will be made up when notified 12 hours or more in advance of scheduled session.
•Genuine day-of-session emergency cancellations will receive special consideration.
MAKEUP SESSIONS are accommodated by scheduling additional sessions or adding missed time onto subsequent session(s).
DURHAM JAZZ WORKSHOP
RATES for INDIVIDUAL Instruction
- $75 per 1-hour session.
- 90 minute session — $110 for single session, $210 for two sessions, must be completed in 4 weeks.
- ** 3% processing fee for all debit/credit card transactions.
IMPORTANT: Advance Payment guarantees your lesson time and is required to reserve multiple sessions.
Contact Scott directly to schedule and pay for individual private lessons.
- Students are allowed 2 makeup lessons per semester, providing they give 24 hours notice. There are no makeups for cancellations within 24 hours of scheduled lesson time. Makeups are given at the end of the semester, or as time allows.
- Discounted bulk lessons paid for in advance will NOT be “rolled over” to a subsequent month.
- If I need to cancel a lesson, a makeup will be scheduled at an agreeable time for the student.
RATES for GROUP GUITAR and GROUP VOCAL Workshops
Rates for group classes may vary. Payment for group classes is made to “Durham Jazz Workshop”. For more info, or to register for a DJW group, please call or email the director, Dave Finucane to ensure that the class is a good fit for you. 919.486-5299 firstname.lastname@example.org
Advance payment required.
30 minutes – $40
45 minutes – $60